Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Ram Rahim Tekro Monthly Report, Survey; culture

There isn't much new to report today. I finished the monthly report in English for the Ram Rahim Tekro. I added pictures, headings, and spruced up the language a bit to make it a formal report complete with a Table of Contents (thanks Sawan!).

They took a survey of 1,000 families in the Ram Rahim Tekro, but data entry has yet to be completed. The questions served as a basic background and needs assessment of the families in the area. I told them that I basically did my degree in this, so I would be more than happy to compile and analyze the data. I'm looking forward to getting to use some of my epidemiology knowledge that will help people in a very tangible way.

The kids in the neighborhood were awake until late yesterday since it was the last day of vrat (5 days of fasting) for the girls at which time they are supposed to do a jagran (stay up all night). The purpose of staying up is so the girls can pray, but that has long been forgotten and now it becomes an excuse for the kids to stay up late and hang out - even the boys join in!

No comments:

Post a Comment