Monday, February 7, 2011

Meetings with no agenda...

Something I have learned while being at Manav Sadhna...meetings with no agenda, heck gatherings that aren't even meant to be meetings tend to be more productive than actual meetings. Today after prayer I met with Sunilbhai and Ramanbhai, the two health coordinators, and just talked about my timeline and how I can work with them and they can work with me. Just casually sitting around chatting we brainstormed more things to get done than you probably do in a well constructed meeting! We talked about doing a dental camp and pediatric camp and having the volunteers provide some basic education while we have everyone together at these events. We also talked about doing a physician appreciation dinner for those who provide services at reduced fees for us. We also discussed doing tuberculosis and other disease awareness campaigns. It was a very productive hour and gave us a chance to interact in a relaxed environment as well as exchange ideas :) I'm thinking about putting together another health presentation that I can give to kids in the various programs when there isn't much going on. I'm considering either doing a hand washing one or one about how to prevent the spread of disease and incorporate hand washing...any ideas are appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment