Thursday, August 19, 2010

Amitabh Bachchan

Amitabh Bachchan came to the Gandhi Ashram to shoot an advertisement to promote tourism in Gujarat. There was a huge crowd outside the gates and you needed a pass to get in - people were yelling and screaming and even climbing on top of the gates and roofs in an attempt to get in and see him!

I was sitting inside waiting to give milk to the earn-n-learn kids when the guy I was working with wanted to go outside and check out Bachchan. I said no, then he insisted, so I walked out to the patio and asked if you could really see anything, because I was too lazy to get my shoes on to go out there just to see nothing! Then Dave told me to suck it up and come on - and that we could talk to the ashram kids about the spriulina in the mean time since they were out there. So then I went out. The producer came up to me and a few girls and asked if we had a problem in being in the ad - I wasn't too interested in being in it, but they insisted, and I figured it would take a few minutes. Well a few minutes became 3 hours. While it was an interesting experience to be on a set, in the sweltering heat and in the chaos of the impromptu nature of the ad, it wasn't as fun as I'm sure some sets are! We did some walking around in the background - nothing spectacular. Amitabh Bachchan has the same presence and look as he does on screen.

I talked to him to get his autograph for one of the guys that works at Manav Sadhna and prays to him in place of God! I asked Amitabh Bachchan to write an autograph out to this guy with his name on it. Overall, an interesting experience - definitely something to experience once in your lifetime - sets I mean and how painstakingly long filming can be!

http://picasaweb.google.com/108916053679565444730/AmitabhBachchanAugust162010#



No comments:

Post a Comment