Monday, March 7, 2011

Jamalpur Health and Hygiene Class

I gave my health and hygiene lecture to the new Muslim student class today...it went surprisingly well! I had to talk in Hindi since that was what most students understand, and I never speak Hindi, but I apparently did okay! I couldn't remember one word - the word for germs - kittanu, which is very different from Gujarati. Anyways, the kids was very impressive. They were much more well behaved than I saw 2 weeks ago, which was great, and they answered my questions very well which I was very happy about! And I think I got my speech down pat...what used to take me 20 minutes now takes an hour, which is great that I have thought of so many little anecdotes and ways to make the lecture more interactive and fun! It was cool to see the kids slowly inching closer and closer until one was quite literally in my lap and I had to gain his attention to that and scoot him back to his spot! Working with these kids is so energizing to see their curiosity and interest in hearing what you have to say :)

No comments:

Post a Comment