Thursday, March 31, 2011

Jamalpur Update

The organization that provides the donations for the Jamalpur site, Flowering Tree, is visiting in April to see things. So we have to compile a yearly report with what we have done this year. So I have been busy at work trying to put that together. It's actually been fun to do and see everything we have done so far, and I have decided to only do one class a day and finish this project over the course of the week instead of try to cram it in, so it hasn't taken over my life too much.

I went to Jamalpur today to work on the monthly report..I'll go work on the yearly report with the staff there next week once I have compiled and need their input to add to it. After putting the report together I went and visited the Muslim Tuition class. The kids are so great there. They all have learned the Gujarati alphabet in only the last 2 months, which is really impressive, and are much more well disciplined. They come to class on time, don't yell and scream out of turn, and even sit on their bottoms now! They were very happy to see me and all tried to impress me with their new demeanor, which I was very happy to see :)

I have also added a folder of all sorts of pictures of me teaching the students...if you want to see, take a look!

No comments:

Post a Comment